About Me

My photo
I created this blog to post my photography work for my A-level course.

Monday 2 May 2016

Ian Egner Research // Making Tracks

Last year in my experimental photography project, I researched Ian Egner who does light trails. This piece of research also applies to part of the project that I have done this year, due to having taken light trail images on the M1 in Rotherham for my project.


 This image is striking as it is taken within an urban type of environment when its not dark. This captures the type of place this image has been captured in, which adds to the composition with the lines of the buildings. Also the light trails are central within the image, though they aren't made up of straight lines, instead they're lines and dashes with breaks in between each one, which adds for a unique and interesting image.


 This image showcases light trails going around curves in roads. The dark background of the image, with the unique colours of the sky helps to make the colours of the light trails so distinct.


This image is also very striking due to the sky not being completely dark, but a slightly purple colour. The left of the image has electricity pylons, which adds for a unique part of the composition due to the pylons being made up of lines and being repeated down the image. The main focus of the image is the light trails which are central to the image.

-----------------

The pictures below I have taken on a bridge above the M1, all at slightly different angles and techniques. I'm really happy how each of the images have turned out.

 The image above I have taken inspiration from the first image I have looked at by Ian Egner. This is due to it being made up of lines and dashes with gaps between the lights. This is different from my other images as they're straight lines of light with no gaps, so have ended up being much brighter - making this image unique.


 The image above shows where all the roads go and join up, this is due to the angle in which the photograph has been taken, this making it unique to the other images I have taken on light trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment