About Me

My photo
I created this blog to post my photography work for my A-level course.

Monday 2 May 2016

New Theme // Making Tracks

In December, my head of course for my BTEC was discussing my photography with me, and suggested to take pictures with my dad (who takes photographs of trains). 

Since then we went out to train stations in Derbyshire to take photos of trains. We went to Hope, Bamford, Meadowhall, and Sheffield stations.

One evening during the Christmas holidays, my dad and I went out to Rotherham to stand on a bridge above the M1, to take pictures of the light trails that the cars beneath were making. 
Once we'd done this I thought about including this in my project, and not just photographs of trains. From there I looked at the light trail images and saw that they looked like tracks, and I also realised that trains run on tracks. This is where the idea of the project theme being 'Making Tracks' came about.

The theme of 'Making Tracks' conspires of people travelling. This can include various types of transport such as trains, cars, trams, planes, and more. This can also include day and night photography. 

There is a lot to explore within this project with how people travel everyday and make tracks through multiple types of transport. 

No comments:

Post a Comment