About Me

My photo
I created this blog to post my photography work for my A-level course.

Monday 2 May 2016

Simon Coult Research // Making Tracks

I have researched Simon Coult, due to the fact that he was the person that started me in transport photography for this project. With Simon being my father, his work is one that I see frequently due to him posting it on social media, talking about his trips and showing me his images. 

I have got these photos off our family computer's hard drive with the help of my dad.


This image was taken in April when we had hail, which made for an added effect in the picture of a hail storm. This makes the image unique as the weather is so extreme. Also the train is central within the image, which highlights the image with the composition of it. Both sets of train tracks are in the image creating lines, which are a vital part of this images composition.

This image is of a freight train that is coming round a bend. The image is very striking due to the colours of the greens, yellows, and reds. Also the train is in the left two thirds, which makes up the composition of the image being eye-catching and enticing to the viewer.

This image is also of an EWS freight train coming round a bend, though it is different to the previous image due to the train being much more face on than the previous image. Also the front of the train is very much in focus, with the rest of train being slightly blurred, this brings the viewers focus more to the front of the train. The background with the trees and metal bar make the image more interesting and unique, due to them making lines which make for a more interesting composition.

This image of a freight train is very striking as its coming over, which emphasises the fact that the railway isn't flat. Also the train is coming under a bridge, which adds to the composition of the image, as the bridge is made up of lines and a curve towards the back of the image. This image consists of very flat light, which could either be a positive or a negative as it highlights the train though the weather isn't as great as in previous images.

No comments:

Post a Comment