About Me

My photo
I created this blog to post my photography work for my A-level course.

Sunday 18 January 2015

Emulsion transfers // Experimental

Emulsion transfers are a type of experimental photography in which we learned in lesson. This resulted in printing some images and photocopying them into black and white, to get this black powder that is needed to do emulsion transfers. Then you needed another surface, we used another piece of paper, to paint a thin layer of emulsion paint on and then place your monochrome image down on top of the wet paint face down. After which you had to smooth down and leave to dry. Once dried, you dip your fingers in water and start rubbing the surface of the paper off.

This is an interesting effect as it can be used on surfaces to personalise them. Each surface uses the same technique, it's just a different place of going about it.

Beneath are the emulsion transfers that I tried in lesson using images of Eleanor Calder that I found on google and quite liked.




Later that day, I photocopied each image so that I could try some hands on effects on them. The images of these are beneath.

I photocopied this image twice, as the image above, I did first and wasn't too fond of the yellow that I painted her top and the other streaks of yellow (which just so happened by cutting holes in tracing paper and painting over them, as well as trying to see whether paint would go through tracing paper onto the paper like pencil marks). But I liked what I did with the bronze paint on her hair, so I wanted to create another image in which I just did this as I felt as that would look much better. 

Therefore the image beneath has just had bronze paint used to accentuate her hair that's not within her hat. This I feel looks much better than the image above because its simple and not too bright.

 The image above has been originally taken within greenery outside, as the original image is below. The image has been painted green to convey the greenery within the original image. Also her hair has been painted a bronze colour again to accentuate the way it falls within the image and her natural colour as seen beneath in the original image. 
(original image for above)

No comments:

Post a Comment