About Me

My photo
I created this blog to post my photography work for my A-level course.

Saturday 17 January 2015

Pierre Cordier chemigrams inspiration // Experimental

Pierre Cordier, the first person to make a chemigram, as well as the inventor and innovator for the chemigram. These are quite interesting as chemigrams are images that have had substances or as the name suggests, chemicals on the photographic paper as the light is going through the enlarger onto the paper. These substances on the paper obstruct light from reaching the paper ranging from slightly to entirely. Therefore this adds an effect to the image. Once the enlarger has transmitted the light onto the paper, you wash the paper in water to remove the substances from it. Also the stop is replaced by water to do the same job.




I created my own chemigrams in the darkroom using different substances to create different effects.

 image above has had cream cleaner used on the paper to create that effect.
 image above has had coconut butter used on it to create this effect
 the image above has had flour on the top and tealeaves at the bottom to create this effect
the effect on the image above was created by spraying hairspray on the photographic paper.
the image above has had flour placed along the left hand side to create the effect there.

I also added chemigrams to paper whilst enlarging negatives onto the paper, I have posted a few beneath.

 the image above has had squirty mayonnaise drawn across the image with a negative from a previous experiment printed on the paper.
 the image above has had cream cleaner placed on the photographic paper, with a negative from a previous experiment.
The image above has Vaseline drawn across it in three streaks, with an image that I took so I would have negatives to use and play around with in this project

No comments:

Post a Comment