About Me

My photo
I created this blog to post my photography work for my A-level course.

Saturday 3 January 2015

London city-lights light trails // Experimental

I have previously posted these images as I took them whilst I was in London taking images for my street photography project a few months ago. These images are also types of experimental photography because they are light trail on the landmarks around London, therefore I am reposting them with the rest of my experimental photography project images and work.

 The image above includes one of the major sightseeing landmarks in London, The London Eye, which has been lit up green. There are fairy lights draped over posts along Victoria Embankment, which have created light trails, since they have been moving in the wind. This is interesting as you can see two faint light trails from the fairy lights.

 The image above is a typical light trail photograph because it is made from the headlights and rear lights from vehicles. It portrays what the roads around Victoria Embankment are like in the evening.

 From using a long exposure within the image above, there are light trails from the city lights around which reflect in the River Thames. Big Ben is a significant aspect of this image, as it's one of the most important landmarks in London since it's linked to Parliament, has the clock face creating a trail from the lighting within it.


 The image above has been taken along South Bank. Along the bridge there is a light trail from a bus travelling along there. I like this as you get a light trail from a vehicle along the bridge, as well as reflections from the city lights along the river Thames, and the city-lights light trails.

The image above had a bit of camera shake whilst the long exposure was happening. This makes it quite interesting as you can see the shake happened slightly up and to the right. The shake alters how the image is perceived because it isn't an image of it's original self anymore, but instead is something quite different.

No comments:

Post a Comment